The ALIO-EURO booket, which collects the General Information, the Short Abstracts and the List of Participants, is available for download here (PDF file, 7.3 MB). A printed booklet will be handed to all participants at registration.
The Proceedings of the VII ALIO–EURO – Workshop on Applied Combinatorial Optimization, with the extended abstracts, is available for download here (PDF file, 15.7 MB). Please note: no printed copy of the proceedings book will be given at registration.
Other useful information about Porto is available in the Moving Around section.
The venue for the ALIO-EURO 2011 is the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Porto, Department of Biology, building FC4 (building
I in Map 1), located in Campo Alegre area and very close to the conference hotels. See Conference Venue for further details.
The registration desk will be held at the lobby of building FC4 (building
I on map 1), on Wednesday 4th May, from 8:45 am.
Guidelines for Session Chairs
So that a correct coordination between parallel sessions is guaranteed, session chairs are kindly asked to:
- Contact the speakers before the session, to confirm that they will be present.
- Report last minute cancellations to the Organizing Committee.
- Arrive to the conference room 5 minutes before the beginning of the session and check if all presentations have been copied to the laptop provided by the organization.
- Strictly follow the schedule. Each presentation (including Questions & Answers) should not exceed 25 minutes.
- If a speaker cancels or does not attend, do not move the following talks backwards.
Guidelines for Speakers
- Arrive at your session at least 5 minutes before it begins and copy your presentation to the laptop/desktop available in the room.
- Time your presentation to fit the allotted time (25 minutes, including Questions & Answers).
- All conference rooms are equipped with a video projector and laptop/desktop computer.
Eduroam wi-fi connection is available in building FC4 (building
I in Map 1). Free wi-fi connection is available inside and nearby the Computer Science building (building
III in Map 1).
Lunches will be served at Círculo Universitário do Porto (building
II in Map 1), next to the conference venue (access only from Rua do Campo Alegre).
Maps (google maps)
Map 1 - Conference Venue
Map 2 - Campo Alegre
Map 3 - Porto