About me ...
Current research interests
- concurrent software (parallel/distributed/cloud computing)
- software verification and testing
- coordination of unmanned vehicle networks
- Streaming Sensor Data from Dynamically Reprogrammable Tasks Running on Mobile Devices @ BuildSys'17
- Deductive Verification of MPI Protocols @ Behavioural Types: from Theory to Tools (book chapter)
- Towards a Middleware for Mobile Edge-Cloud Applications @ MECC'17
- P3-Mobile: Parallel Computing for Mobile Edge-Clouds @ CrossCloud'17
- SMILeS – Smart, Mobile, Intelligent and Large Scale Sensing (Norte 2020)
- Hyrax: Crowd-sourcing mobile devices to develop edge clouds (FCT)
News / events
- Graduated MIERSI'17 students: Nuno Silva, Keila Lima, José Oliveira
- REP'17 @ Tróia/Sesimbra
> Field tests for ongoing research in collaboration with LSTS, check some photos here
- CMU Portugal Symposium'17 @ Porto
> Hyrax project evaluation
- Marine UAS Summer School @ IST / Lisbon
> Lecture: "Programming (languages for) networked vehicle systems"
- Currently: researcher at CRACS, Prof. Auxiliar Convidado 25% at DCC
- Feb. 2012 to Feb. 2016: invited assistant professor ("professor auxiliar convidado"), DI/FCUL, Univ. Lisboa
- PhD in Computer Science, DCC/FCUP, 2011, supervised by Luís Lopes and Christoph Kirsch; during my PhD I was involved with CRACS @ FCUP, LSTS @ FEUP, and Computational Systems Group @ Univ. Salzburg.
- 1998 to 2005: software engineer in consulting companies; my last job in industry was at CESAR, Recife, Brazil.
- MSc in Advanced Computing, Dep. Computing, Imperial College London, 1998
- BSc in Computer Science ("licenciatura"), DCC/FCUP, 1997