About me ...
Current research interests
- concurrent software (parallel/distributed/cloud computing)
- software verification and testing
- coordination of unmanned vehicle networks
- SMILeS – Smart, Mobile, Intelligent and Large Scale Sensing (Norte 2020)
- Hyrax: Crowd-sourcing mobile devices to develop edge clouds (FCT)
- Advanced type systems for multicore programming (FCT)
- Deductive Verification of MPI Protocols @ Behavioural Types: from Theory to Tools (to appear)
- P3-Mobile: Parallel Computing for Mobile Edge-Clouds @ CrossCloud'17
- Protocol-Based Verification of Message-Passing Parallel Programs @ OOPSLA'15
- NVL: a coordination language for unmanned vehicle networks @ SAC'15 - IRMAS track
- Cooperari: A Tool for Cooperative Testing of Multithreaded Java Applications @ PPPJ'14 [Cooperari web site]
- Estruturas de Dados (PL3)
- Questões de Segurança em Engenharia de Software
- Compiladores (PL3)
- Programação Imperativa (PL4, até final de Outubro)
- Currently: researcher at CRACS, Prof. Auxiliar Convidado 25% at DCC
- Feb. 2012 to Feb. 2016: invited assistant professor ("professor auxiliar convidado"), DI/FCUL, Univ. Lisboa
- PhD in Computer Science, DCC/FCUP, 2011, supervised by Luís Lopes and Christoph Kirsch; during my PhD I was involved with CRACS @ FCUP, LSTS @ FEUP, and Computational Systems Group @ Univ. Salzburg.
- 1998 to 2005: software engineer in consulting companies; my last job in industry was at CESAR, Recife, Brazil.
- MSc in Advanced Computing, Dep. Computing, Imperial College London, 1998
- BSc in Computer Science ("licenciatura"), DCC/FCUP, 1997