- S2: Bases de Dados | Big Data e Cloud Computing | Programação Concorrente
- S1: Questões de Segurança em Engenharia de Software | Computação Paralela | Programação Imperativa
Current research interests
Mobile computing: mobile edge clouds, mobile crowd-sensing, autonomous vehicle networks.
Other general interests: concurrency, language design and implementation, software verification.
- Flux: a platform for dynamically reconfigurable mobile crowd-sensing @ ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 2018
- Dolphin: a task orchestration language for autonomous vehicle networks @ IROS'18
- Video Dissemination in Untethered Edge-Clouds: a Case Study @ DAIS'18
- Programming Networked Vehicle Systems using Dolphin -- Field Tests at REP'17 @ IEEE/MTS Oceans'18
- Streaming Sensor Data from Dynamically Reprogrammable Tasks Running on Mobile Devices @ BuildSys'17
- Deductive Verification of MPI Protocols @ Behavioural Types: from Theory to Tools (book chapter)
- Towards a Middleware for Mobile Edge-Cloud Applications @ MECC'17
- P3-Mobile: Parallel Computing for Mobile Edge-Clouds @ CrossCloud'17
> other past projects
- MAP-i PhD program: Joaquim Silva, co-advised with Fernando Silva
- MIERSI MSc student: Ricardo Santos, co-advised with Luís Lopes
News / events
- Video about the Hyrax project and the DAIS'18 paper field experiment.
- Ciência 2018: talk about the Hyrax project, CMU-Portugal session.
- INForum 2018: PC member, CES and CMU tracks
- Since Sep. 2018: "Professor Auxiliar" at DCC/FCUP, researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC.
- 2016 - 2018: post-doc researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC, "Prof. Auxiliar Convidado" (25%) at DCC / FCUP.
- Feb. 2012 to Feb. 2016: "Professor Auxiliar Convidado" (100%), DI/FCUL, Univ. Lisboa, researcher at LASIGE.
- PhD in Computer Science, DCC/FCUP, 2011, supervised by Luís Lopes and Christoph Kirsch; during my PhD I was involved with CRACS @ FCUP, LSTS @ FEUP, and Computational Systems Group @ Univ. Salzburg.
- 1998 to 2005: software engineer in consulting companies; my last job in industry was at CESAR, Recife, Brazil.
- MSc in Advanced Computing, Dep. Computing, Imperial College London, 1998
- BSc in Computer Science ("licenciatura"), DCC/FCUP, 1997