Basic exercises with gLite
In order to start the basic exercises you need to answer yes to
all of these questions:
- Do you have a personal certificate?
- Did you save your certificate in your disk? (format PK12?)
- Do you have an account in the glite-tutor.ct.infn.it?
- Have you ever tried to login to the glite-tutor.ct.infn.it
- If yes, did you manage to login and inspect your home directory?
- Did you register as a member of the GILDA VO (Virtual
If you answered YES to every single question above, you are ready
to use the Gilda Grid Ingrastructure. Congratulations!
Having saved your certificate in your disk or sd drive
(format pk12), and having successfully managed to login to
glite-tutor.ct.infn.it, please copy your pk12 file to a directory
.globus in your home (if the directory .globus does not exist, you
need to create it).
extract your private and public keys (converting pkcs12 to pem):
openssl pkcs12 -in export.p12 -clcerts -nokeys -out $HOME/.globus/usercert.pem
openssl pkcs12 -in export.p12 -nocerts -out $HOME/.globus/userkey.pem
The user certificate can safely be world readable, but
userkey.pem must only be readable by you!
chmod 0400 $HOME/.globus/userkey.pem
GILDA wiki training material web page and follow Old Topics
--> User Pages --> Basic
Inspect your certificate using the comand grid-cert-info
Create a proxy with voms extensions using the command
voms-proxy-init --voms gilda
Check your voms proxy with the command voms-proxy-info --all
Write your first program to run on a grid.
If you want to have a look at JDL examples, try