Perguntas sobre o artigo: Physiology of the Grid
1) What is a grid service?
2) Why does a grid service need to be stateful and potentially transient?
3) Discuss the following argument: "Yet the current paradigm for delivering QoS to applications via the vertical integration of platform-specific components and services just does not work in today's distributed environment: the decomposition of monolithic IT infrastructures is not consistent with the delivery of QoS through vertical integration of services on a given platform."
What do you understand from this sentence?
4) Describe the main mechanisms of the Globus toolkit.
Perguntas sobre o artigo: What is the Grid
1) Given the sentence: “A computational grid is a hardware and software infrastructure that provides dependable, consistent, pervasive, and inexpensive access to high-end computational capabilities.”
give a definiton to the following terms:
2) Why are resource management systems like SGE and PBS not considered grid systems while Condor is considered a grid system?
3) What is an "inter-grid" protocol and how o you think this can be achieved?