- ParTypes: Protocol-based verification of MPI programs
- Cooperari: cooperative testing of multithread of Java programs
- JDBDT: Java Database Delta Testing
- NVL: Networked Vehicles' Language
- aspa: fine-grained patches for Java software upgrades
- At LSTS, as part of the development team (2005-2011):
- DUNE: on-board software platform for umanned vehicles
- IMC: an interoperability protocol for umanned vehicle networks
- Seaware (archived webpage) (2006/07): a publish-subscribe middleware for networked vehicle systems.
- Jarol (2006/7): a control software framework, as a visiting PhD student at the University of Salzburg, with Bernhard Kast and Christoph Kirsch.
- DRMI: Delayed Java RMI (1997/8): a prototype framework for lazy/delayed evaluation of Java RMI calls, developed as a MSc student at Imperial Colleege, supervised by Paul Kelly. Work on the subject has matured further in subsequent research by Kwok Cheung Yeung and Paul Kelly.
- 3DO (1997): a language for defining 3D finite-element structures using object-oriented concepts, with Álvaro Azevedo (Univ. Porto) and Joaquim Barros (Univ. Minho).