- Bases de Dados
- Big Data and Cloud Computing
- Programação Concorrente
- Questões de Segurança em Engenharia de Software
- Desenho e Análise de Algoritmos (PL2, PL5)
Current research interests
Mobile computing: mobile edge clouds, mobile crowd-sensing, autonomous vehicle networks.
Other general interests: concurrency, language design and implementation, software verification.
- Jay: Adaptive Computation Offloading for Hybrid Cloud Environments (submission version) @ FMEC'20, 2020
- Ramble: Opportunistic Crowdsourcing of User-Generated Data using Mobile Edge Clouds (submission version) @ FMEC'20, 2020
- Flux: a platform for dynamically reconfigurable mobile crowd-sensing @ ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 2018
- Dolphin: a task orchestration language for autonomous vehicle networks @ IROS'18
- Video Dissemination in Untethered Edge-Clouds: a Case Study @ DAIS'18
> other past projects
- Joaquim Silva (PhD, MAP-i), co-advised with Fernando Silva
- Célio Rodrigues (MSc, MSI)
- Fábio Freitas (MSc, MSI), co-advised with Pedro Borges (LOQR)
- Miguel Marques (MSc, MI:ERSI), co-advised with Luís Lopes
- Miguel Vieira (MSc, MCC), co-advised with Miguel Areias
- Nuno Neto (BSc project, LCC)
- Since Sep. 2018: "Professor Auxiliar" at DCC/FCUP, researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC.
- 2016 - 2018: post-doc researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC, "Prof. Auxiliar Convidado" (25%) at DCC / FCUP.
- Feb. 2012 to Feb. 2016: "Professor Auxiliar Convidado" (100%), DI/FCUL, Univ. Lisboa, researcher at LASIGE.
- PhD in Computer Science, DCC/FCUP, 2011, supervised by Luís Lopes and Christoph Kirsch; during my PhD I was involved with CRACS @ FCUP, LSTS @ FEUP, and Computational Systems Group @ Univ. Salzburg.
- 1998 to 2005: software engineer in consulting companies; my last job in industry was at CESAR, Recife, Brazil.
- MSc in Advanced Computing, Dep. Computing, Imperial College London, 1998
- BSc in Computer Science ("licenciatura"), DCC/FCUP, 1997