Current research interests
Mobile computing: mobile edge clouds, mobile crowd-sensing, autonomous vehicle networks.
Other general interests: concurrency, language design and implementation, software verification.
- Energy-Aware Adaptive Offloading of Soft Real-Time Jobs in Mobile Edge Clouds @ Journal of Cloud Computing, 2021
- Jay: Adaptive Computation Offloading for Hybrid Cloud Environments @ FMEC'20
- Ramble: Opportunistic Crowdsourcing of User-Generated Data using Mobile Edge Clouds @ FMEC'20
- Flux: a platform for dynamically reconfigurable mobile crowd-sensing @ ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 2018
- Dolphin: a task orchestration language for autonomous vehicle networks @ IROS'18
- Video Dissemination in Untethered Edge-Clouds: a Case Study @ DAIS'18
- Augmanity (Portugal 2020, Univ. Porto and Bosch)
- Safe Cities (Portugal 2020, Univ. Porto and Bosch)
2022/23 - 1st semester
- Bases de Dados (LCC, LIACD, LM, LB, LF, LQ)
- Estágio/Projecto 1º sem (LCC)
- Introdução à Programação (LCC, LIACD; PL4 + PL7)
- Since Sep. 2018: "Professor Auxiliar" at DCC/FCUP, researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC.
- 2016 - 2018: post-doc researcher at CRACS / INESC-TEC, "Prof. Auxiliar Convidado" (25%) at DCC / FCUP.
- Feb. 2012 to Feb. 2016: "Professor Auxiliar Convidado" (100%), DI/FCUL, Univ. Lisboa, researcher at LASIGE.
- PhD in Computer Science, DCC/FCUP, 2011, supervised by Luís Lopes and Christoph Kirsch; during my PhD I was involved with CRACS @ FCUP, LSTS @ FEUP, and Computational Systems Group @ Univ. Salzburg.
- 1998 to 2005: software engineer in consulting companies; my last job in industry was at CESAR, Recife, Brazil.
- MSc in Advanced Computing, Dep. Computing, Imperial College London, 1998
- BSc in Computer Science ("licenciatura"), DCC/FCUP, 1997